This seems like a reasonable way to kill some time.
100 things about SmarshyBoy
1. "Smarshy" is a mixture of my first and last names.
2. I love artichokes
3. I named my daughter after my mother and my sister (they have the same name, obviously)
4. I'm a big dude - 6 foot 5 inches tall
5. My brother and I are 355 days apart in age (no infertility for my mother)
6. My brother is older than me, but I love those 10 days when we are the same age
7. His wife pops out kids like it's going out of style.
8. My parents got divorced after almost 40 years of marriage
9. Both of them would give absolutely anything to go back in time and reverse that decision
10. For a variety of reasons, that's not possible (my dad got remarried and my mom hates him...also, time travel not possible yet)
11. I went to a fancy boarding school in the Northeast, where I had to wear coat and tie every day to school
12. I used to hate math.
13. I made it through 4 years of college without ever having to take a math class.
14. I now have a MBA with a concentration in Finance (aka math)
15. I have size 13 feet (you know what that means...)
16. I would love to rip out Kevin Federline's heart with my bare hands and show it to him while it's still beating
17. I have an undergraduate degree in Broadcasting and Film Production
18. I was born in Beaumaris, a suburb of Melbourne, Australia
19. As a result, I have dual US / Australian citizenship
20. I was raised in a nice town in Connecticut (my parents are American)
21. While in college, I spent a semester studying at Sydney University in Australia. At a bar, I met a girl who coincidentally lived in the same town as me in Connecticut, also studying at Sydney Uni. We dated for 4 years.
22. I think Paris Hilton is a disgusting skank.
23. If I was single, I'd probably have sex with her.
24. I hate the way raw cotton feels. I can't bring myself to touch it.
25. I used to be an actor in Hollywood in my early 20's.
26. I had tiny bit parts in Friends, ER, Jurrassic Park, and Without Limits.
27. I showed my wife my membership card to the Screen Actors Guild on our first date. That nailed it.
28. I work in venture capital for a huge global company that would love to fire me for naming them on my blog
29. Sometimes, it is very clear to me that my 2 year old daughter really, really loves me.
30. That is the single best feeling I have ever had in my 35 years of life.
31. I drive a Volvo (pussy...)
32. I married my wife on a big lawn by the beach in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
33. I used to smoke cigarettes (not much though)
34. I love coffee
35. I enjoy gardening, but not when its too hot
36. I love scotch.
37. Despite the fact that I used to be an actor, I have total disdain for all actors and Hollywood types.
38. I secretly read my wife's People Magazine (gotta know your enemies).
39. My least favorite kind of people are those with little self-awareness.
40. I spent one week per month working in Moscow in 2004 and early 2005.
41. I can name all the Teletubbies, as well as every single character on Sesame Street
44. My commute to work is about 1 hour each way.
45. I have 2 sisters.
46. I live less than a mile from the beach.
47. I don't understand why, after buying new furniture, it takes 10 weeks to be delivered.
48. I usually go to sleep around 9:30 pm
49. My alarm goes off every morning at 5:07 am
50. Autumn is my favorite season.
51. I asked my wife to marry me on a Thursday in late 2001
52. Before I was born, my mother had a son who died of SIDS at 14 months.
53. She's been a little "off" ever since then.
54. I react to stress by getting very sleepy.
55. The day of our last BFN, I slept for 3 hours.
56. I think cocktail onions are delicious.
57. My wife and I love to spend time on the island of Nantucket.
58. After I graduated from business school, I was unemployed for 15 months.
59. During my unemployement, my wife helped support us by making preppy belts and selling them online and in boutique stores.
60. She did this at home after working a full 9 hour day at her real job.
61. My wife no longer works.
62. My favorite color is blue.
63. I'm pretty sure I suffer from Seasonal Affectation Disorder (I get sad in the wintertime)
64. When I was a kid, I once ran away from home and hid in a big bush across the street. When I was sure everyone was freaking out, I finally went home. No one knew I had been gone.
65. I'm an independant, but I think America is going in the wrong direction.
66. I think the US has squandered alot of goodwill we used to have in the world.
67. When entertainers talk about politics, I get filled with rage.
68. I've been married for almost 4 years, and I've never met my mother in law (issues....)
69. I can make sushi
70. I once met Billy Joel.
71. After I graduated from college, my first job was working as Christian Slater's personal assistant on the film "Bed of Roses".
72. That was the worst fucking job I ever had. I was awful at it.
73. The best job I ever had was working as a launch boat driver at a yacht club on Long Island Sound.
74. I'm not one of those people who will have a difficult time retiring.
75. I have driven across the USA 5 times
76. I suffer from road rage in a BIG way
77. I snore loudly.
78. I think the most serious threat to our world is the dangerous mixture of ignorance and conviction.
79. On average, I eat 2 bananas every day
80. My wife is addicted to EBay.
81. I have a re-occuring dream about a house I have never seen in real life.
82. I dream about that house every single night, with no exception.
83. I tend to sweat alot.
84. I have a phobia about being in a bar or movie theater by myself.
85. I am a total slob.
86. I clean up pretty well.
87. The closest family member to me is 4 hours away by car.
88. I am fascinated by medicine and science and I wish I had become a doctor.
89. Sometimes I worry about the effect all this negative infertility stuff is having on my daughter.
90. I love to play video games. Especially James Bond- ish spy games.
91. I have never been arrested.
92. I have done things I should have been arrested for.
93. I had an internship at an Austalian radio station. They put me on the air every day.
94. I think the girl at my drycleaner has a crush on me.
95. She has GIGANTIC droopy boobs.
96. I don't floss as much as I should.
97. I secretly wonder if anyone does (besides dental hygenists).
98. I continue to take my daughter to swimming class, despite the fact that she screams the entire time.
99. My favorite drink at Starbucks in a grande non-fat no whip white mocha.
100. I don't listen to my wife nearly as much as I should.