As I read all the blogs out here in Blogland, I am constantly faced with the reality that I have more questions about these processes (both infertility and blogging itself) than I do answers. So I thought I would dedicate a post to just asking simple questions that I think many of you might know the answers to.
1) When most of you include a brand name of any kind in your posts, you bleep out the name, like "Coc*a Col*a" or "F&llistim". Why do you do that? I have a couple theories on why but I wanted to ask you directly.
2) What's this acupuncture business all about? Did your Dr tell you to get acupuncture? Did you have to ask for it yourself? Is it part of your treatment? What does it do? Does it work? Should my wife be doing that? Our RE once mentioned acupuncture many months ago, in our first (AND ONLY) conversation...are we missing something here?
3) When you do a FET, are you taking drugs? If so, what for? Do you want follicles in an FET cycle, or do you not? I am assuming not, but I want to be clear.
4) For IVF cycles, did you all have a "mock transfer" first? We had an IUI to IVF conversion and we didn't get a mock transfer. In fact, no one ever mentioned that to us. We learned about it on the internet.
5) How common are cancelled cycles? Does it happen often?
6) Does it upset you when I mention The Buggins on my blog? Would it upset you if I posted pictures of her?
7) When my wife had her IUI-IVF conversion, she was told that her chances with the IVF were the same as they would have been with a regular IVF cycle. But the time from the beginning of taking drugs to the pregnancy test was only 4 weeks (like a regular IUI cycle). If the IVF conversion had the same chances as a regular IVF, why does a regular IVF cycle take 6 or 8 weeks? What's going on in that extra time? What does Lupron (or Lu*pron) do? (Other than apparently make women miserable?)
8) Why do we have to seek answers from the Blogosphere instead of learning this from our quack doctor?
Thanks for any info you may have -